- South Carolina’s governor urged his state’s Senate on Wednesday to pass legislation designed to counter campus antisemitism in time for signing on International Holocaust Remembrance Day later this month.
- Confirmation battles that pit one party’s nominee for federal office against senators from the opposition party long have been spectator sport in Washington. But when extremists from the nominee’s own party attack, well now, there’s a “man bites dog” story.
- In December, the most important BDS-related developments came in the wake of the Trump administration’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- Bal Harbour Mayor Gabriel Groisman describes the support he's received from the South Florida community regarding the recent passage of the village's anti-Semitism definition ordinance, which expands police officers' ability to investigate such anti-Semitic incidents as hate crimes, as overwhelming.
- The Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law (LDB) applauds South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster for calling on the South Carolina Senate to immediately pass H.3643, in time for the bill to be signed on International Holocaust Remembrance …
- The Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law (LDB) is proud to announce the promotion of Edward Kunz to the position of Senior Communications and Development intern.
Victory in Bal Harbour: LDB Testifies in Support of Anti-Semitism Definition Act, Unanimously Passes First ReadingThe Bal Harbour Village Hall was packed with supporters as the Village Council took an important step in combatting the growing and urgent problem of anti-Semitism last night.
Appointment of Alyza D. Lewin, Esq., to the newly-established position of Chief Operating Officer and Director of PolicyThe Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law (LDB) announces the appointment of Alyza D. Lewin, Esq., to the newly-established position of Chief Operating Officer and Director of Policy. Ms. Lewin, previously served as a member of LDB’s …
- On Monday, November 28, Professor Steven Resnicoff will speak to LDB law students at Chicago-Kent College of Law on how the west and its international law institutions have abandoned religious minorities.
- On Tuesday, October 24, Supreme Court litigator Alyza Lewin will address LDB students at UC Berkeley School of Law on her work litigating the “Jerusalem Passport Case” in front of the Supreme Court.
- On Monday, October 23, Northwestern Law Professor Eugene Kontorovich will speak to Emory Law’s LDB Law Student Chapter.
- DB’s Director of Legal Initiatives, Aviva Vogelstein, will speak to law students at two of LDB’s West Coast law student chapters in the coming weeks.